I got the new TT3 on Thursday and I’ve spent the past few days laying out my next design and getting or scavenging the components I’ll need. I’m taking my time with this one to make sure I’ve got a robust and clean implementation. I’ve been doing some local testing to verify my theories and so far I’m on the right track. I spent today getting the case ready and I hope to start final assembly and testing tomorrow.
I also have to say that I’m impressed with the GPS2. It locks on very quickly. It’s certainly faster than the eTrex at signal acquisition. I do wish it had a slightly longer cable. At 6′ it just barely reaches where I have my current TT3. This should change once I implement the next version but even another foot would be nice.